The High Voltage Spark Tester (HVT) provides fast, accurate detection of metal-reinforced catheter shafts or coated guidewires. The catheter shaft detection machine features a wide product test range, optional automatic feeding and sorting, as well as detecting and reporting the location of those exposed wires (damaged or thin insulation on braided catheters and guidewires) even when flaws are microscopic. This coated guidewire inspection system can remedy difficult and error-prone manual visual inspection scenarios with safe, fast, sensitive, and repeatable automatic electronic testing.
SYNEO’s HVT performs a fast, repeatable high voltage pass/fail test that identifies damaged lengths of catheter shafts, even when the flaws are microscopic. Pinholes, cuts or otherwise damaged sections are quickly discovered and alerted to the operator for remdiation.
- Full-color, touch-screen HMI.
- Recipe-driven software and quick change snap-in tooling for fast changeovers with barcode reader integrations.
- Reduced operator fatigue and potential for injury claims incurred from repetitive, non-ergonomic inspection processes.
- Remove incomplete or inaccurate inspection processes due to human error.
- Utilizes industry proven spark-testing technology from the Clinton Instrument Company.
- Fast, non-contact inspection.
- Test Product Diameters:4 Fr (1.3 mm /.05 in.) to 19 Fr (6.35 mm /.25 in.).
- Test Product Lengths:16” ( 406 mm) or longer, all colors.
- Line Speeds:1-40 inches/sec (2.5 to 101.6 cm/sec)
- High Voltage Test Output:1 kV to 5kV.
- Display:7-inch wide color TFT Touch Screen.
- Output Current:4 mA Resistive, 40 mA Capacitive
- Dimensions (manual tester):13.9”H x 11.0” W x 15.0” D
- Weight (manual tester):37.5 lbs./17.0 kg.
- Power Requirements:100-120 volts AC, 50/60 Hz, 2 amps, or 200-240 volts AC, 50/60 Hz, 1 amp.
- Metal braid reinforced tubing and catheter bodies.
- Coated Nitinol or stainless steel guidewires.