Accu-Blast CRS100 Overview
Surface modification through sandblasting can be an excellent alternative to traditional depth mark printing on catheters or guidewires. These same surface modification processes can also be leveraged for increase adhesion with glued or insert molded components.
The Automated Microblasting System provides precise, fully automated media ablation of coated wires and tubes. Targeted applications include oxide layer removal, coated medical wire ablation, coating removal, surface roughening for adhesion and stripe making for visual identification (marker bands).
- Full-color, touch-screen HMI.
- This automated medical microblasting system has recipe-driven, programmable positioning for OD abrasion of a wide range of polymer or metallic tubes/wires with barcode reading capability.
- Closed loop motion allows for accurate positioning of blasted zones.
- Microblasting process utilizes industry-leading microblasting technology from Comco Inc.
- Easily integrated with SYNEO Accu-Feed, Accu-Test and Accu-Bin products for unattended operation.
- Ideal configuration for ablating coated wires and surface roughening of hypotubes and other off-form components.
- Optional automatic OD inspection with Laser Micrometer and Surface Roughness inspection with profilometer.
- Nitinol and Stainless Steel Wire, 0.005″ diameter or larger.
- PTFE coated wire.
- Power: 100-230 VAC, 50/60 Hz, 1A
- Air requirements: 30-100 PSI, 1-5 CFM
- Dimensions (W x D x H): 51″ x 18″ x 18″
- Weight (standard machine): 60 lbs.
- Shipping weight (standard machine): 120 lbs.
- HMI: 7″ high resolution color touchscreen
- CE certified model available